Maciek Rek specialises in creative graphic design, graphic identity design, user interface design, front-end web development and a hint of branding. His work encompasses identity and websites, publications and communications, video, sound and little bit of 3D.
Currently Maciek works full-time at a fantastic, West-London Contrado Imaging Ltd on their legendary, custom-built web applications. Before that he was responsible for websites, marketing and communication collateral of an outstanding private school and the events venue Hampton Court House. Throughout his professional career he held both agency and in-house roles, working for range of high-profile clients including Mercedes Benz, IKEA and ECE Group.
Maciek's experience spans across wide range of disciplines such as identity, print, environmental, outdoor, digital and IT. He studied Spatial Planning at Wroclaw University of Science and Technology. Started out as a graphic designer by working on packaging and prints for internationally acclaimed, triple-a game developer CD Projekt.
Maciek’s top interests include improving things for people, making them more beautiful and accessible. He embraces different ways of thinking and looking at the world. He enjoys problem-solving, finding solutions and implementing them. He is a strong believer in lifelong learning and Venusian Otters.
Technical skills breakdown
- Graphics and publishing: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Affinity Designer
- Web Design/Prototyping: Sketch, Figma
- Office: iWorks (Pages, Numbers, Keynote), MS Office, too
- Video: FinalCut, Motion, Adobe Premiere
- Audio: Logic, Adobe Audition
- 3D: Blender, SketchUp
- Fav IDE: JetBrains
- Creating: mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes, templates for print and digital
- Fav pre-processors: SCSS, CoffeScript, Haml, Pug
- Back-end coding: PHP, MySQL, little bit of C# and Ruby
- Fav frameworks: Node.js, jQuery
- Open Source CMS: WordPress, Magento
- VCS: Git, Subversion
Other useful xp
- Meticulous typography and iconography, passion for great design and keeping balance between user experience and user interface
- Extensive code documentation and thorough testing
- Command line, Bash, Expect, AppleScript, Docker, Multipass, Apache, knowledge of DNS & network protocols
- Experienced using scanners, plotters, printers and other equipment such as booklet finishers, digital cameras, mics and lights
- Multimedia editing & producing, great IT, software and hardware knowledge